Environmental stewardship is as inextricable from our core values as is our commitment to outstanding craftsmanship. We strive to build lasting relationships with our customers by understanding their needs and providing them with appropriate solutions. We understand that central to our collective need is the environment.
“A true conservationist is one who knows that the world is not given by his ancestors but borrowed from his children.” John James Audubon
We strive to utilize the most environmentally responsible methods possible throughout our business practices. This responsibility includes all facets including our corporate activities, manufacturing processes, facilities management, material procurement, freight and logistics.
Colecraft uses years of engineering expertise in concert with start of the art manufacturing capabilities to manufacture our products to the highest level of quality in the most efficient possible way. We work to use lean processes to eliminate waste every step of the way. We employ sophisticated material optimization software to allow us to achieve higher yields from our raw materials. This ensures that more raw material ends up in our products and less ends up as waste.
A truly “Green” product must initially be designed and manufactured using the most environmentally responsible available methods but we can’t stop there. We must also craft our products to be robust and long-lasting to eliminate the need for new products. The greenest possible product is the one that doesn’t need to be made. All of the products that we create come with a 10 year warranty.
The vast majority of the raw material that goes into our products is comprised of a high percentage of both post-consumer and pre-consumer recycled or recovered content.
- Particle Board: Fully 100% of the wood raw materials used in the manufacture of our particleboard is recycled or recovered from other industrial processes.
- Medium Density Fiberboard: Just as with particleboard, fully 100% of the wood raw materials used in the manufacture of our particleboard is recycled or recovered from other industrial processes.
- Steel Components: Although exact recycled content for steel can vary from product to product; the recycled content is approximately 35%.
- Aluminum Components: As with steel, exact recycled content for aluminum can vary from product to product; the recycled content is approximately 35%.
- Plastic Laminate: Approximately 14% recycled content is available.
- Acrylic Solid Surface: Approximately 16% recycled content is available.
Our on-staff LEED accredited professionals can assist you with maximizing our contribution to the credits achieved on your projects from our products. We may be able to contribute to the following credits:
- Materials & Resources Credit 4.1 Recycled Content, 10%
- Materials & Resources Credit 4.2 Recycled Content, 20%
- Materials & Resources Credit 5.1 Regional Materials, 10%
- Materials & Resources Credit 5.2 Regional Materials, 20%
- Materials & Resources Credit 6 Rapidly Renewable Materials
- Indoor Environmental Quality Credit 4.1 Low-Emitting Materials, Adhesives & Sealants
- Indoor Environmental Quality Credit 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials, Paints & Coatings
- Indoor Environmental Quality Credit 4.4 Low-Emitting Materials, Composite Wood & Agrifiber Products
PDF Version Available HERE